August 31, 2010

Repurpose Leftovers

We are a throw away society. We throw out leftover food and for me leftover scrap material. I decided that I would take my leftover material and make bookmarks. I love reading so it seemed like the easiest thing to do with my scraps and great thing was the  bookmarks don't need to be a certain size. In repurposing the scraps I am giving a new life to something I would have thrown out.

So the next step was to decide what to do with the bookmarks. I decided that I was either going to donate them to the librarian or teacher as a treat for the students or see if the PTO could add them to our school's bookfair.  I saw last year a little boy who didn't have enough money to buy anything and it was sad. I figured the PTO could charge less than a dollar for the bookmakr and everyone could afford something and not feel left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Contact Info: danielle6246@hotmail.com Phone: 717-246-0873